Great way to use up ripe peaches, ideal to pour over ice cream or yogurt.
you can substitute nectarines for the peaches.
8 – 9 ripe peaches
1 Cup granulated sugar
1 lemon – juice
- Chop the peaches. I keep the skin on gives the sauce a lovely colour.
- In a large pan on medium heat, add the chopped peaches, lemon juice and the sugar.
- Bring to a boil then turn the heat down and let the sauce simmer.
- Frequently stir the sauce to avoid it catching the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the sauce 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool then pass through a sieve to get a smooth sauce and remove the skins.
- Will keep in the fridge for a week, alternatively is suitable for freezing.