This is a lovely moist cake full of fruit. Warm with custard or cream. Cold great with a cup of tea. It is also the easiest cake I’ve ever made, no creaming or whisking, only peeling, chopping and melting.
I was given this recipe by a colleague along with a large bag of apples from her garden.
The recipe has changed a little from the original. To the apples I have added
handful of strawberries
250g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
• heat oven gas mark 4, 180C, 350F
•grease and line a 9″ square cake tin
•peel and dice the apples
• melt the butter cool slightly
•Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl
•Then add melted butter and eggs.
•Mix well, add the apples.
• Don’t be worried if it looks like there is too much fruit. Trust me!
• Pour into cake tin bake in oven for 45mins.
•Check cake is done by inserting a skewer in to cake, it should come out clean. If not put it back in the oven for a little longer.
• Cool in the tin for 10 mins then turn into a cooling rack.