Easy coriander chutney recipe
1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro/dhanya)
4 cloves garlic
8 green chili
2 tsp cumin powder (jeera powder)
salt as required
½ cup water
1. In a blender or chutney grinder, add all the ingredients.
2. Blend or grind all the ingredients in a blender or chutney grinder till smooth. Check the seasoning and add more salt if required.
3. Store the coriander chutney in a covered bowl or container in the refrigerator.
4. Chutney can be frozen, pour into a tray and freeze overnight. Once frozen break up into 2inch pieces and store in a zip lock bag in the freezer till needed.
*Use the whole of the coriander including the stalk.
Uses for the chutney
- lime or lemon juice serve with Indian snacks
- chopped cucumber and yogurt to make ratite
- add to mash potato with lemon juice for an spicy tangy mash
- carrot Katchumber
- coconut or toasted peanuts and lemon juice, grind again till smooth