I use cherry tomatoes , large tomatoes can be used just remember to extend the cooking time.
1t dried herbs (optional)
Preheat oven. 300°F, 150°C, gm 3,
1. Halve tomatoes lengthwise.
2. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
3. Arrange the halved tomatoes over a baking tray,cut sides up.
4. Sprinkle with salt,pepper and the dried herbs if using.
5. Bake for 2 hours until semi-dried. turn off the oven and let the tomatoes sit in the oven to dry in the residual heat for another half hour once cold place in a jar and pour oil in the jar till tomatoes are covered Store in the fridge